Sick Lines 

You are responsible for self-certification for the first 7 consecutive days of any illness this includes Saturday & Sunday. Your employer should provide Forms SC2.  Self-employed or unemployed patients should complete form SC1, which is available at local post offices. 

For other certificates, our doctors are legally obliged to see the patient before they sign one of these, and you will have to make an appointment if you wish to obtain a certificate. The decision to issue a sick line is made by the doctor.

For extension certificates, please ensure that you request an appointment in good time, before the existing one runs out.

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website